The purpose of the HPP Institute is to expose practicing physicians to the latest practice solutions developed by other physicians. These are valuable solutions because they have been developed by physicians in the clinical trenches for pressing clinical needs - accurate coding, compliance regulations, payment for work done, detailed documentation of the patient-physician encounter, streamlining of office work flow, and prompt payment with fewer rejected claims.
- To educate physicians to practical technological solutions for complex office problems.
- To present a variety of solutions to physicians of all specialties because no size fits all - different physicians will prefer different solutions to fit their practice styles and their immediate problems.
- To demonstrate that technological solutions have matured to the point that they can produce immediate results - increased revenue, reduced overhead, completed documentation, and accelerated workflow.
- To lay out the economic justifications for various applications in terms of return on investment.
- To describe the hardware and software requirements of each application.
- To persuade physicians that practicing medicine can be fun and satisfying again.
Our conferences consist of a physician faculty, who practice in the clinical trenches, talking to other physicians about practical, useful and inexpensive technological applications that ensure compliance, productivity, and profitability. Our first twelve conferences had a 94 percent positive evaluation rating (67 percent excellent, 27 percent good).
Our physician faculty speaks about practical solutions and intensively interacts with attendees to demonstrate the practicality of various solutions. Our main themes are appropriate documentation, streamlining office practices, and constructively changing workflow patterns. In these conferences, we teach doctors the implementation of technology.